Convert flashrom to git
- Drop support for Subversion in the getrevision script and Makefile.
- Add .gitignore and .gitattributes file (the latter to limit exports).
- Restore modification dates of the exported files from the SCM.
- Stop exporting SCM log dumps to CHANGELOG. This makes no sense.
- Do not export the pre-"compiled" manpage. It can be generated like
anything else from the code dump when we export the respective
The latter is added with this change.
- Add some initial client-side git hooks
* When committing check for obvious stuff you never want anyway:
- white space errors
* When pushing to the upstream repository check mandatory rules:
- existing signoffs and acks in all new commits
- no deletions or creation of branches
- do not rewrite history of the precious branches, even if forced
NOTE: This patch is adapted from Stefan Tauner's original commit:
There are a few major differences:
- This uses coreboot's commit-msg hook which includes support for
generating and appending Change-Id.
- djgpp-dos target removal is moved to a follow-up patch.
- Version string changes are moved to a follow-up patch.
Signed-off-by: Stefan Tauner <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: David Hendricks <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Nico Huber <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tested-by: build bot (Jenkins) <email@example.com>
12 files changed