romcc: Rewrite the test system
- The test logic is now only implemented in one place (pending the
deletion of the old parts), whereas it previously was implemented
both as make rules and as a pair of shell scripts.
- Tests don't need to be registered anymore. Just adding a new file
with the correct name is enough to have it tested.
- The code is hopefully more readable and maintainable.
- The new test script supports colors (if the standard output is a
terminal and --nocolor was not passed on the command line).
Things to do in follow-up patches:
- Remove the old test code
- Test or remove fail_test*.c, hello_world*.c and raminit_test*.c
- Fix regressions that have built up over the years, while making sure
not to introduce new ones
- Makefile integration
- Jenkins integration
There are tests in the makefile that specify -fno-always-inline, but
this option doesn't exist anymore, so I didn't port them over.
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Neuschäfer <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Martin Roth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tested-by: build bot (Jenkins)
2 files changed