coreboot 4.4 release notes
We are happy to announce the release of coreboot 4.4. This is our fourth quarterly release. Since the last release, we've had 850 commits by 90 authors adding 59000 lines to the codebase.
The release tarballs are available at https://www.coreboot.org/releases/ There is a 4.4 tag and branch in the git repository.
Log of commit 3141eac900 to commit 588ccaa9a7
Major areas that received significant changes in for this release:
- Build system (30 commits) - Add postcar stage, 'timeless' builds, extend site-local, test toolchain by version string, update dependencies, catch ACPI errors, add additional macros.
- Toolchain updates (40+ patches) - Update IASL to v20160318 , LLVM to v3.7.1, add GNU make, add nds32le GCC compiler
- Lint tools (30 patches) - Update existing lint utilities, add lint tests for executable bit, make sure site-local isn't committed, add test to break all lint tests.
- Payloads (60 commits) - Fixes for libpayload, coreinfo and nvramcui, add new payloads, see below.
- Maintainers file - (8 patches) - continue adding maintainers for various areas.
- Documentation for adding Intel FSP-based platforms (20 commits)
Added 9 mainboards
Existing boards with significant updates
Changes in chips
Added 1 new architecture
Added 1 processor
Added 5 socs
Existing chip areas with many changes
Added 1 new vendorcode directory
Added 1 submodule
Updated 3 submodules
- 3rdparty/arm-trusted-firmware (329 commits)
- 3rdparty/vboot (28 commits)
- util/nvidia/cbootimage (13 commits)
Added 4 payloads
- depthcharge: For ChromeOS verified boot
- iPXE: For network booting
- Memtest86+: Updated with fixes for correctly testing coreboot with payloads
- U-Boot (Experimental): Alternate payload for booting an OS
Added 6 utilities
- archive - Concatenates files into a single blob with an indexed header
- chromeos - Download and extract blobs from a ChromeOS image
- futility - vboot Firmware utility
- intelmetool - Shows information about the Intel ME on a platform.
- marvell/doimage_mv - No usage notes
- post - Simple utility to test post cards
- Total Commits: 850
- Total authors: 90
- New authors: 28
- Total Reviewers: 40
- Total Submitters: 17
- Total lines added: 74054
- Total lines removed: -15056
- Total difference: 58998